Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Working With Rigs!!!

Today in Class we started working with rigs.  This was really fun for me to experiment with the ball rig and try different things. Before we really got started animating with the rigs, we were told to "storyboard" or make an outline of the events in our animation. My storyboard had 12 different actions on it. When I actually started animating it I had to cut it down to about 6. The animation I created with the ball rig is one where the ball (a Female Ball) moves in front of a mirror and through different movements as it inspects itself, after checking it's front and backside it turns and moves away from the mirror. I got this idea because a ball is a sphere it has circular symmetry appearing the same from any angle it is also non gender specific. The ball rig gave us the ability to change the shape and orientation of the ball to bring it to life and give it some specific characteristics. It allows us to give the ball action and to try and give the ball a personality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment